Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 1
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Accommodation Request Form
Name: Sara Lim
Length of time in Australia: (1) __________
Present address: Flat 1, 539, (2) __________ Road Canterbury 2036
Present course: (3) __________ English
Accommodation required from: (4) __________ 7th September
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C
5. Sara requires a
A single room
B twin room
C triple room
6. She would prefer to live with a
B single person
7. She would like to live in a
C studio apartment
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each answer.
8. The __________ will be $320.
9. She needs to pay the rent by cash or cheque on a __________ basis.
10. She needs to pay her part of the __________ bill
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 2
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
11. When is this year’s festival being held?
A 1-13 January
B 5-17 January
C 25-31 January
12. What will the reviewer concentrate on today?
13. How many circuses are there in the festival?
14. Where does Circus Romano perform?
A in a theatre
B in a tent
C in a stadium
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
(15) __________ (16) __________
(17) __________ (18) __________
(19) __________ (20) __________
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 3
Choose the correct letter, A. B or C.
Study for Success
21. The man wants information on courses for
A people going back to college
B postgraduate students
C business executives
22. The ‘Study for Success’ seminar lasts for
A one day
B two days
C three days
23. In the seminar the work on writing aims to improve
24. Reading sessions help students to read
B as fast as possible
25. The seminar tries to
A prepare learners physically
B encourage interest in learning
C develop literacy skills
26. A key component of the course is learning how to
A use time effectively
B stay healthy
C select appropriate materials
27. Students who want to do the ‘Study for Success’ seminar should
A register with the Faculty Office
B contact their Course Convenor
C reserve a place in advance
28. The ‘Learning Skills for University Study’ course takes place on
A Monday, Wednesday and Friday
B Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
C Monday, Thursday and Friday
29. A feature of this course is
A a physical training component
B advice on coping with stress
C a detailed weekly planner
30. The man chooses the ‘Study for Success’ seminar because
A he is over forty
B he wants to start at the beginning
C he seeks to revise his skills
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 4
Questions 31 and 32
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
New Union Building
Procedures to establish student opinion:
• students were asked to give written suggestions on the building’s design
• these points informed the design of A (31) __________
• (there were (32) __________ respondents)
• results collated and report produced by Union Committee
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
(33) __________ (34) __________
(35) __________ (36) __________
Choose TWO letters A-G.
38. Which TWO facilities did the students request in the new Union building?
A a library
B a games room
C a student health centre
D a mini fitness centre
E a large swimming pool
F a travel agency
G a lecture theatre
Choose the correct letters A, B and C.
39. Which argument was used AGAINST having a drama theatre?
A It would be expensive and no students would use it
B It would be a poor use of resources because only a minority would use it
C It could not accommodate large production of plays
Choose TWO letters A-F.
40. Which TWO security measures have been requested?
A closed circuit TV
B show Union card on entering the building
C show Union card when asked
D sport searched of bags
E permanent security office on site
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 Answers
1. 1.5 year
17. studio theatre
18. whole family
19. city gardens
20. young children
32. about 2000
34. halls of residence
35. traffic and parking
36. lecture rooms
38. D and F (Any Order)
40. A and C (Any Order)